Worldaccess Virtual Payment Terminal
MOTO (Mail Order and Telephone Order) is an Internet-based point-of-sale solution that enables you to accept payments from your shoppers by phone, fax or post. Using MOTO you pass those payments through the WorldPay system, on the shoppers behalf.
You do not require an Internet store integrated with our WorldPay systems as you can start taking payments through MOTO as soon as your application has been accepted.
You can use MOTO to support your business in several different ways.
Choice of Payment Methods: Use MOTO to provide your online shoppers with alternative payment methods to help ensure you make the sale – some ‘window shoppers’ are inclined to trust the more traditional ways of making payments offline via fax, phone and post.
Offline Sales: if your business only has offline outlets accepting payments by fax, phone or post, MOTO provides an online solution for payment processing. In a Call Centre, for example, each representative uses MOTO to enter customer payment/card details.
All Sale Solution: if your business has offline outlets as well as an Internet store, accepting offline payments may be preferred. MOTO enables you to satisfy this requirement without having to support diverse processing and reporting systems. By entering payments accepted offline through MOTO, those payments are processed and reported by the same secure payment system and reported by the same account management system, as payments made online by shoppers using your Internet store
Fast Start-up: although WorldPay makes every effort to ease and speed the process, building an Internet store and integrating it with a payment processing system, can take time. If the rest of your business is ready to trade you can use MOTO as a stop-gap payment system until your Internet store is ready.
The benefits of MOTO include:
- one payment processing system for all your sales channels (online and offline sales)
- increased choice and enhanced confidence for shoppers (through choice of payment methods)
- fast start-up: no web site or integration needed so you can start trading even while your Internet solution is being built
- Instant reporting: as each transaction is processed, we automatically send you and your shopper a confirmation email receipt and we update the transactions and account statements provided in our online Customer Management System (CMS). CMS enables you to manage your sales in real-time, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- security – MOTO payments are processed by the WorldPay system and subject to the latest online fraud prevention techniques and (optionally) our fraud protection scheme (the WorldPay Guarantee)
- currencies – over 120 currencies, including the Euro, are supported by WorldPay, enabling you to accept payments from your customers in their own currency.
To use MOTO you need:
- a computer with Internet access
- a WorldPay Installation ID
Yes, that’s all you need start to clocking up your first Internet sales, processed via our secure payment system.